2017 at WAW was a milestone year. Some of the highlights include:
- Al and Kay Lamovec donate the entire 255 acre camp and improvements to the WAW non-profit corporation.
- Scheduled 2015-2016 logging was 90% completed. The 4-season activity in 2017 had some restrictions on scheduling events due to required heavy equipment and stress on roads and trails.
- The late fall 2016 dining and conference center addition was completed and integrated into the camp in 2017.
- The female/staff lodging and double handicap bathroom facility was completed late summer.
- 50 plus veterans and disabled were involved in multiple day events primarily in the fall. Thes events required volunteers , program coordinators, cooks, guides, and facilitators.
In 2018 we anticipate expanded use by veterans’ PTSD groups, DAV and the High Ground, along with female veterans, Gold Star Mothers, and parents of fallen veterans.
Thank you to all Donors, Staff, and Volunteers. Although no one is paid at WAW, the rewards are immense and fulfilling!